A unanimous jury has decided that the Sparebank 1 Nord-Norge Business Award for 2008 will be awarded to Kraemer Maritime AS.
– The jury praises the award winner for the effort of restructuring Kraemer Maritime from a local ship supplier into an international supplier of provisions and equipment to the offshore, fishery and cruise industries. The focus on innovative logistic solutions and a new IT system has made the company the leading player in the maritime supply in Norway, says the Bank Manager of Sparebanken1 Northern Norway, Ole Jørgen Ørjavik.
Kramer Maritime’s headquarters is in Tromsø, and has in just a few years established itself with logistics departments in Hammerfest, Tromsø, Bergen, Stavanger, Kristiansund and Ålesund. In 2001, the company had 12 employees and a turnover of 25 million NOK. The company currently has 70 employees and turnover in 2007 was 380 million NOK. The company is part of the traditional Kræmer Group in Tromsø, which was established in 1938 and has their 70 year anniversary this year.
– Conscious and bold commitment to developing the Kræmer Maritime as a knowledge-based organization and Kraemer Maritimes utilization of modern technology and electronic business management, can serve as inspiration for other businesses in the region, says Ole Jørgen Ørjavik.
– We are incredibly grateful and proud of the award from Sparebank1 Northern Norway. It is a great testament to our talented employees who have worked hard to build the Kraemer Maritime of today, says Kay Hugo Hanssen, CEO of Kraemer Maritime.
– We are blessed with owners who wanted to invest long-term while giving us room to be creative and try new opportunities, says Hanssen.
– In Kraemer Maritime we are allergic to activities that do not provide added value. Earlier, paper relocation and paper receipts were an essential part of our daily life. Now we serve suppliers and customers around the world almost without using paper. We save the environment and get satisfied customers, says a proud award winner.